A Powerful Essential Oil Blend of clove, cinnamon bark, rosemary, lemon and Eucalyptus Radiata. This blend is one of the most powerful combinations and is highly anti-viral and anti-bacterial. The “Marseille Vinegar” was inspiration to create this potent anti-bacterial blend. Diffuse this oil to kill airborne bacteria. The oils in this blend make up a trademark product of one company and is offered in a full line of products for home and personal care including an alcohol free hand sanitizer, household cleaner, mouthwash, lozenges and a convenient purse-sized spray to disinfect surfaces when you are away from your home. There are some comparable blends on the market but it’s important to consider the species of essential oils used. Often Cassia might be used in blends to impart a “cinnamon” aroma, but Cassia has different properties than Cinnamomum verum, also known as Cinnamomum zeylanicum). Companies often change their formulations to “improve” quality, this blend has been re-formulated from my last research. Another Immune Building blend is :Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), lemon(Citrus limon), cinnamon(Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis CT 1,8 cineol). All of these individual essential oils are powerful on their own, but when combined they have a synergistic effect with one another to really support healthy immune function.
Here are some uses for an Immune Boosting essential oil Blend:
- Diffuse in your home to kill bacteria. Run diffuser for 30 minute increments.
- Apply 1-2 drops of Immune Blend essential oil to the bottoms of feet for added immunity.
- Mix a drop of Immune Blend essential oil in a spoonful of agave nectar or milk and swallow to soothe a sore throat.
- Place a drop of Immune Blend essential oil on your toothbrush for an added bacteria buster and to alleviate sore gums.
- Place a drop of Immune Blend essential oil onto a cold sore or fever blister at the first sign to speed healing.
- Dilute Immune Blend essential oil with V-6 carrier oil or other light oil like extra virgin olive oil 1 part Thieves to 1 part oil.
- Apply a drop of Immune Blend to a blemish to dry it up and ease pain.
Khadija Rhayoura, et al. The Mechanism of Bactericidal Action of Oregano and Clove Essential Oils and of their Phenolic Major Components on Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilis. Journal of Essential Oil Research Volume 15, Issue 4, 2003 pages 286-292.
Odugbemi Chemical analysis and antimicrobial activity of the essential oil of Syzigium aromaticum (clove) African Journal of Microbiology Research. Vol.(2) pp. 162-166, July, 2008 Seenivasan Prabuseenivasan, Manickkam Jayakumar and Savarimuthu Ignacimuthu*.In vitro antibacterial activity of some plant essential oils. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine 2006, 6:39 doi:10.1186/1472-6882-6-39.
Warnke PH1, Becker ST, Podschun R, Sivananthan S, Springer IN, Russo PA, Wiltfang J, Fickenscher H, Sherry E. The battle against multi-resistant strains: Renaissance of antimicrobial essential oils as a promising force to fight hospital-acquired infections. J Craniomaxillofac Surg. 2009 Oct;37(7):392-7. doi: 10.1016/j.jcms.2009.03.017. Epub 2009 May 26.
YuJie Fu, et. al. The Antibacterial Activity of Clove Essential Oil Against Propionibacterium acnes and Its Mechanism of Action. Arch Dermatol. 2009;145(1):86-88. doi:10.1001/archdermatol.2008.549.