Several have withstood the test of time and continue to be a part of many cultures. Americans are finally seeing the value in these therapeutic substances that other cultures have embraced for centuries. The use of essential oils dates back to the beginning of time, some of the earliest recordings are in one of the oldest medical documents, the Ebers Papyrus dating back to 1550 BC.
Historical oils like Frankincense and Clove in particular are powerful oils that continue to be used today for bringing balance to the body. When they are combined they offer a synergistic effect more powerful than each oil alone.
Essential oils that promote”Longevity : frankincense, clove, orange and thyme oil. This powerful blend of essential oils is a super-antioxidant supporting major systems of the body.
- Frankincense supports brain, skin and respiratory health.
- Thyme oil strengthens immune function.
- Clove oil supports a healthy heart and circulatory system
- Orange oil with limonene shows promise as a powerful anti-tumoral agent.
All of these oils alone are some of the most potent anti-oxidants, but when combined they create a powerhouse of molecules that support a healthy body.
Mix up your own Longevity Blend and use:
- Topically Applying a couple of drops of the essential oil blend to the feet can increase the absorption into the system through the reflexology points.
- Internally Only food grade Therapeutic essential oils should be used under the care of a doctor or experienced practitioner. If all of these individual oils are food-grade, the Longevity Blend can be taken as a dietary supplement. Taking the blend internally may support healthy immune function and helps the body deal with normal issues related to the aging process. Follow your essential oil supplement recommendations when adding these essential oils to your daily diet. If you mix up your own gel cap, often made of a digestible cellulose plant material, take the capsule immediately or it will begin to dissolve.
Mix up your own for topical application:
5 drops Frankincense – Boswellia carterri
1 drop Thyme oil
1 drop Clove oil
1 drop Orange oil
Mix all oils up in a clean glass container with a lid (up cycle those used bottles!) shake well before use. Place 1 drop of the blend with 1 tsp of vegetable carrier oil and massage onto the soles of the feet.
For internal use, only use a dietary supplement made with the highest grade therapeutic grade essential oils.